Saturday, July 16, 2011

Summer Day


 This is what I saw from my bathtub this morning.  Big, beautiful, cumulus clouds that later brought us RAIN, BLESSED RAIN!  

Hubs is in New York for two weeks and I'm batching it.  It took me a little while to get used to it, which I didn't expect because I pretty much live for the chance to be alone in my own house (which never happens), but I'm acclimating to it nicely, now.  

Yesterday I dug out this beginning of a quilt from 1981 and ironed and lint-brushed all the pieces and rotary cut some new ones while watching a segment from Birdman of Alcatraz that I must've accidentally taped instead of Gunsmoke, years ago.
I've been on a VCR tape kick ever since I found a bunch of nice ones at a junk store last week.  I've been back once, already.  To the junk store, I mean, for more VCR tapes.  I got a set of 10 episodes of The Red Skelton Show, The Sound of Music, Urban Cowboy and some other stuff I can't remember right nowGot some train tapes for Hubs' birthday next month.  Essentially spent all my allowance on those and an ice cream freezer that I made a batch of peanut butter ice cream in when I got home.  It feels like summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment